Home

Institute Code : 5382
During the early 20th century, education facilities were mainly available in big cities. Secondary level education was not available at tehsil and village level. Those interested have to move to the district head quarters for pursuing education. At this place the students faced difficulties in obtaining proper residential facilities. Understanding this difficulty the trustees of that time took a bold decision and started boarding for such students at Ahmednagar, a district place. This was established in the year 1918. The trustees started this boarding by making self contributions. There was no help from government. Recognizing the noble activity the Late Rajashri Shau Maharaj of Kolhapur started sending yearly grants, in the memory of the Maharshi Chouthe Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj who was killed in captivity at Ahmednagar. Slowly and steadily the boarding became popular with the masses of the district and the number of boarders increased appreciably. This success gave rise to the idea of starting a residential school. Thus the Society was registered under the Society Act 1860 vide Registration No. S/2894 of 1953/1954 and a Public Trust under Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 vide Registration No E-14 of 1953. Over the years the society engaged itself in the establishment of educational facilities in rural, hilly and far off and rural places in the Ahmednagar district.