Department of Computer Engineering
STUDENTS’ CO AND EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Smart India Hackathon 2017 is a digital product development competition involving all Technology institutes in India with a reach to approximately 30 lakh students. This initiative was launched on Nov 9, 2016 at the hands of Shri Prakash Javadekar, Hon’ble Minister for HRD in New Delhi.
The initiative has challenged the students to think out-of-the-box and offer innovative ideas to build smart applications which will help address major real time problems in our country. Smart India Hackathon 2017 is a ‘one of its kind’ initiative, where 29 Union Ministries/ Departments have joined as its partners and have posed a total of 598 problem statements to the students. The teams will compete with each other to tackle these problems and provide smart and disruptive digital technology innovations.
Two Teams from Department of Computer Engineering has been shortlisted for Smart India Hackathon 2017 Grand Finale scheduled on April 1 & 2, 2017.
Team 1: APP Injectors
Dept: Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
Idea Name: Tap Tap Search a Solution for Visually Impaired People
- Dipak Pankar(Team Leader)
- Priyanka Avhad
- Pranjali Pawar
- Tahura Shaikh
- Fiza Shaikh
- Akshay Kale
Team 2: Vigilance
Dept: Department of Defense and Production
Idea Name: Alertness App (Monitoring Tool)
- Girish Patil (Team Leader)
- Shreyas Limaye
- Simran Munot
- Shweta Dubey
- Manjusha Dahifale
- Omkar Pathade
SEED IT IDOL 2017 is a flag ship initiative conducted by SEED Infotech Ltd. at select locations across India since past 8 years and due to the very nature of the initiative most of the universities partner with it and extend all possible support for taking it to maximum number of students. Thus, various universities partner with this exercise in their jurisdiction.
In search of IT Talent in various regions, SEED representatives will travel to colleges & universities in selected cities to conduct the SEED IT IDOL 2015-17 Competition. It is an opportunity for the students & IT aspirants to Test themselves against their peers from other institutes through a Talent Quiz carried out by a corporate house.
Following students of Computer Dept bagged prizes.
- Prajakta Kardile (SE Comp)
First 10 Finalists of Round 2
- Prajakta Kardile (SE Comp)
- Vaishnavi Adep (SE Comp)
- Shreyas Karanjikar (TE Comp)
Medal of Merit Winners
- Karuna Gaikwad
- Sonali Dhumal
- Ketaki Apte
- Rutuja Berad
- Pooja Chaudhary
- Kavita Gaikwad
- Nadgauda Sayali
- Sonali Giri
- Anchal Todmal
- Vaishnavi Myana
- Manjusha Dahiphale
- Aishwarya Donta
- Shreyas Limaye
- Divya Purbiya
Nivedita Godalkar won the Third Position in Fencing Competition organized by New Arts Commerce Science College, Ahmednagar on 20th Dec 2016
Dipak Pankar won the First Prize for paper “ Red Tecton” in paper presentation competition of technical event organized by Samarth Engineering College , Belhe on 12th March 2016
NUMBER CRUNCHING PLACEMENTS
This year Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj College of Engineering, Nepti has organized Mega Job Drive and Pool campus in which a total of 29 offers were made to students.
- 9 students were placed in Tera Soft Technologies
- 2 students were shortlisted in Retail Ware Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- 1 student shortlisted in Webtech Developers Pvt. Ltd
- 17 students were shortlisted in Wipro and Tech Mahindra.
- A.S. Phalke published a paper entitled “Topology Hiding Multipath Routing Protocol in MANET: a modified approach for wireless networks” in “Techno-societal 2016” International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Societal Applicatons organized by Springer, Supported by RUSA & AICTE on Dec 20 & 21, 2016. (978-3-319-53555-5, 430361_1_En, (106))
- A.S. Phalke presented a paper entitled “Survey : Topology Hiding Multipath Routing Protocol in MANET” which is accepted in IEEE, (ICCUBEA 2016) organized at PCCOE, Pune, on Aug 12 & 13, 2016
- S. M. Aher one of the Authors of book “Advanced Data Structures”, Nirali Publication published on Jan 2017, ISBN 978-93-86353-22-1
MAXIMUM EXPOSURE (Workshops Attended)
- P.H. Bangar attended Faculty Orientation Workshop on Data Structures and Algorithm organized by International Institute of Information Technology, Pune from 9th to 11st June 2016
- S. M. Aher attended FDP on Computer Organization & Architecture organized by NBN Sinhagad School of Engineering, Pune on 24th Jun 2016
- J. U. Lagad attended Two Days National Workshop on Accreditation Process for Technical Institutions organized by D.Y. Patil School of Engineering , Lohgaon on 15th & 16th Dec 2016
- P. H. Bangar attended Faculty Orientation Workshop on Object Oriented Programming organized by M.E.S College of Engineering, Pune from 15th to 17th Dec 2016
- R. S. Tambe attended Two Days National Workshop on Accreditation Process for Technical Institutions organized by PDEA’s College of Engineering , Manjri on 27th & 28th Feb 2017
- A.S. Phalke attended Industrial Training at L&T Infotech Ltd. In Mumbai organized by MSBTE from 18th July to 20th July 2016
- A. S. Phalke attended Two days State Level Workshop on Advances in Internet of Things organized by SPCOE, Otur on 7th & 8th Oct 2016
- A. S. Phalke attended One Day Workshop on Transforming Technologies to Commercial Products organized by Rashtriya Uchchatar Siksha Abhiyan, Govt. of India on 19th Dec 2016
- J. U. Lagad was reviewer for the International conference on Internet of Thing, Next Generation Networks and Cloud Computing 2017(ICINC- 2017,) organized by Department of Computer Engineering Smt. Kashibai Navale College of Engineering, Vadgaon (Bk.), Pune-411041, on 17th & 18th Feb 2017
WORD OF HONOUR (Talks Arranged)
- One day Workshop on “Research Advances in IoT” by Amol V. Dhumane, STES, Ambegaon, Pune was organized on 17th Sept 2016 for Third year and Final year students Computer Engg.
- Expert seminar on “Latest Trends and Technologies in IT” by Mr. Ajit Thadani, CEO Retailware Systems Pvt. Ltd. was organized on 19th Jan 2017 for Final year students of Computer Engg.
- Expert Lecture on “Core JAVA and its Applications” by Mrs. Prachi Pawar, Founder Computer Vision was organized on Feb 13 & 15, 2017 for Third year and Final year students Computer Engg.